Tuesday 17 May 2011

About Bloody Time

Well I have finally made it on my way to Australia 17th.                 







Principal Diagnosis : renal cell carcinoma, ( Kidney Cancer right kidney)



How Do I Feel? What support do you need?
 common questions Over the last 5 months.


The funny thing throughout this period I have not felt or been sick at all, I have not treated this cancer as cancer but a issue that was removed, End Of Story..............................................................


When I had the news from the CT scan on the 7th of January 2011 and was informed that a surgical removal is the only course of action, I was talked through this operation, and the details, then asked If I had any questions?


Yes I said, I am available for the operation in January 2012 when I will back from my travels.


"No Mark you need the operation sooner rather than later, the kidney needs to come out"
Questions
Can I get away in May?  "Yes you can"
Will I need Radio therapy / chemo therapy? "No it will be surgical removal"
Will I need any drugs/medication? "No"


I had my operation the on 4th Feb,  4.5 hours under 2 surgeons, nice anaesthetist, who said you need to know what you may wake up to.
3 in lines into your arm, 1 possible in line in your neck, could have a feed tube though your nose to your tummy, Plus you will have a drain in & a catheter plus an epidural for pain relieve.


My operation went very well, I didn't need a line in my neck or a feed tube through my nose.


Apart from the scar from my left side following the outline of  the rib cage down my right side, the worse part of this for was I didn't know how many movement we do that affects your tummy muscles / core muscles.
Simple things laughing, giggling sneezing and getting out of low seats very painful.


I have now had a follow up CT scan and blood test, with the results showing clear for the ct scan and blood tests are all normal.


I must say my consultant has outstanding needle work, I have a very tidy scar pity its not on the bikini line...................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                                                      I do hope this my 2nd blog stays put this time?
                                                                                      Now off on my travels

No comments:

Post a Comment