Wednesday 30 November 2011

Hobart Hot

Henry Jones Art Hotel Hobart.












What a great start to our Tasmania trip, arrived by plane waited at the carousel for our 2 suit cases, spotted Jeannettes case, waited and waited my case not in sight, ask if there  were any more to come, no that was it, we were pointed in the direction of the check-in desk to log the missing case, which was all I needed, a whole week in the same clothes or having to buy replacements.
Having dug out my boarding pass which had my case reference number on it, when Jeannette shouted "there's your case by the checking desk," "how's that" I said, the guy behind the desk said "is this your case?" Yes why is it here?" "Oh my fault I should have put out an announcement for you, the case came in on the earlier flight." What a relief......


Now to pick up the car and drive into Hobart, an easy trip in to the Hotel, which is a converted dock warehouse, parked in front and went through 2 huge glass sliding doors to the foyer and reception, we booked in with the reception guy, who was very nice and asked if we had a good trip, he also gave us the map of the town pointed out places of interest,  I asked "were can I park the car?" "Don't worry about that we have a car valet service, we will park your car and bring your bags up to the room, you go up and settle in and any time you need your car just give us 5 minutes to get it." he said.

We went up in the lift and walked to our room all the room numbers were illuminated on the floor and loads of beams and art work along each corridor.......

What a room, it really does give you that 'wow' factor......... I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

































His & Hers Showers












Ps Mark Webber will be here at the Henry Jones Art Hotel first week in December.












































No comments:

Post a Comment